Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Little About Mrs. Cook

Welcome to my blog!

Let me start off by telling you a little bit about myself.  My name is Katherine Cook and I graduated in May 2011 from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a degree in Elementary Education and Political Science.  I spent my full time student teaching experience in a kindergarten classroom in Chatham County, but I interned in both first and fifth grade classes prior to student teaching.  This will be my first year teaching and I am so very excited!

I was born and raised in a small town called Summerfield in North Carolina, which is just north of Greensboro.  I moved to Moore County about a year ago, and currently I reside in Carthage with my husband and two calico kitties.  The Sandhills is a lovely region, and I look forward to many more years here!  In my spare time I enjoy reading, horseback-riding, and exercising, but I have a passion for cooking/baking.  I love trying new recipes!

Here are a few of my favorite things.... My favorite food is cheesecake.  My favorite children's book is The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein and my favorite color is green.  My favorite animal is a kitten and my favorite season is Spring.  That about sums is up!

Now that you know a little about me, I would like to say how excited I am to get to know each and every one of your families this year!  Please know that my classroom door is always open, and I am positive that this year is going to be a fantastic experience for you and your first grader.  I have many fresh and innovative ideas that I cannot wait to share, and I know my enthusiasm and passion for teaching will make this a memorable school year!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment