Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Glimpse Into My Classroom

Hi There, Folks!  I posted a few pictures of my classroom activities since the start of school.  I will hopefully get many more uploaded before too long.  We are really rockin'-n-rollin' with our studies!  Tomorrow (Friday) we have some special activities planned... including writing step by step directions on how to make chocolate pudding and then making it!  MMM!  I can't wait!!  



"I Spot 7 Healthy Habits"-- my Healthy Habits display to go along with my polka dot theme in my classroom. We use the 7 Habits to build leadership skills in our students.  
This is our "Kiss Your Brain" jar.  If students do something really exceptional, I will tell them to "kiss their brain" and go get a kiss from my desk jar.  
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
"Check Out Our Fresh Batch of 1st Graders"-- This was my classroom display for our Open House.  Each cupcake has a child's name on it.  


get-attachment.aspx.jpg
These are our "Kissing Hands" that we made to represent the diversity in our classroom.  We were inspired by Aubrey Penn's popular children's book  The Kissing Hand, which is about going to school for the first time.

get-attachment.aspx.jpg
This is a Hershey Kiss mat we used during our addition game for math workshop.  We roll a die 2 times, then put the corresponding number of kisses on either side of the mat.  The students count how many kisses they have to complete their number sentence.


That's all for now!  I must get some rest to finish up the week strong!  :)

Love,
Mrs. Cook 

No comments:

Post a Comment