Sunday, September 25, 2011

First Day of Fall

Friday marked the first official day of Autumn!  This is one of my favorite seasons!  I love the ripe apples, plump pumpkins, and beautiful leaves in the Fall.  In class we discussed the many different characteristics of Autumn and celebrated its arrival by playing some fun Fall-themed games on the SmartBoard.

Next week we are going to continue celebrating this wonderful season by starting a unit on apples.  Not only are apples delicious, but they are also great educational tools.  I have all sorts of fun things planned, including an apple product taste test.  

The weather has been pretty rainy for the past few days, which means that the students have not been able to go outside for recess.  Instead, I have been letting them have play centers inside.  One of the choices is quiet reading on the carpet.  I caught the students being really cute on Friday...

I turned around and found them in this cozy position.  It was too cute to not document. 

No comments:

Post a Comment